Ofrynio was ecclesastically dependent from 1912 on the Dardanelle and Lampsakos Metropolis with its seat in Canakkale.
The inhabitants of Ofrynio deserted the village in September 1918. After the Treaty of Lausanne, the inhabitants of Ofrynio settled in Athens, Lamia, Kymi in Asprovalta and in kato Lakkovikia (present day Ofrynio).
The community was later named Ofrynio in 1954. Today Ofrynio has 1000 inhabitants of whom the main occupation is fishing and viticulture.